Converts an empty 3.5" bay into a USB hub.
The Manhattan SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Bay Mount Expansion Panel brings USB convenience to the front of a desktop computer. It easily converts an empty, unused 3.5" bay into a two-port SuperSpeed USB hub to quickly add USB digital cameras, flash drives, external hard-drive enclosures and more. It's an ideal desktop computer upgrade that provides handy USB connections without the nuisance of moving the PC case for rear panel access or disconnecting cables and devices to free a port. Backwards compatibility supports older devices and provides SuperSpeed USB data transfer speeds up to 5 Gbps.
Plug and Play and hot-swappable capabilities and included mounting screws help make installation into any 3.5" bay quick and easy.
- Convenient front-mount USB 3.0 ports (2), with 20-pin header connector
- Provides 2 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports by connecting directly to motherboard; uses legacy 3.5" floppy drive bay
- Supports data transfer rates up to 5 Gbps; backwards compatible with earlier USB versions
- Sturdy, fully enclosed metal housing gives maximum durability and ensures long-term use.
- Plug and play; hot-swappable — Windows and Mac compatible; no drivers required
- Lifetime Warranty
Standards and Certifications
- USB 3.0
- Transfer speeds: 12 / 480 Mbps / 5 Gbps
- USB 3.0 Standard-A (2)
- Output: Up to 900 mA power per port
- Dimensions: 10 x 12 x 2.6 cm (4 x 4.8 x 1 in.); 0.2 kg (7 oz.)
- Integrated 20-pin connector cable, 46 cm (18 in.)
- Housing: metal
- Operating temperature: 0 – 70˚C (32 – 158˚F)
- Storage temperature: -40 – 70˚C (-40 – 158˚F)
- Operating humidity: 50% non-condensing
- Storage humidity: 95% non-condensing
- 3.5" front mount bay
- Internal 20-pin USB 3.0 header expansion connection
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8.1/10 and Mac OS 9 or higher
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Bay Mount Expansion Panel with (4) mounting screws