USB Video Grabber PV-321C: Unable to capture video under Windows XP
Why am I unable to view images from my imaging device after connecting
it to the USB Capture Box and installing the driver properly on Windows
Follow Installation Instructions
A unique and troublesome installation issue has been found to exist on
Microsoft's Windows XP operating system. The plug and play driver
installation feature on Windows XP causes the installation procedure
for the USB capture box to fail. Windows XP recognizes the USB capture
box as another device and automatically installs a driver that is
incompatible with the USB capture box. In order to correct this problem
and have the appropriate driver installed certain adjustments are
needed. For proper installation carefully follow the directions listed
1. Before plugging the PV-321C USB Capture Box into your PC please make
sure that you first install the USB Capture Box Driver followed by the
2. Install the driver software from the installation disc by running
the setup file located in the 'PV-321C\driver' directory on driver CD
(or download it from here).
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install the application software from the installation disc by
running the setup file located in the 'PV-321C\Application' directory
on the CD (or download it from here)..
5. Restart your computer if prompted to do so.
6. Connect the USB Capture Box USB cable to the computer. The device
should be detected as an Intel PC Camera Pro Allow time for this driver
7. Go to CONTROL PANEL-SYSTEM-HARDWARE-DEVICE MANAGER
Locate the device branch labeled 'Imaging Devices' expand the branch to
see all device listings. Right click the device labeled 'Intel PC
Camera Pro' select update driver.
8. The hardware update wizard window should now appear. From the
Hardware Update Wizard Window Choose the option "Install from a list or
specific location (advanced)" then click the "Next" button.
9. Select the option "Dont Search I Will Choose The Driver To Install" then click the "Next" button.
10. Make sure that the check box "Show Compatible Hardware" is checked.
Choose the "Spca506a Sunplus Video Capture" driver. Then click the
11. You will receive several warning messages that the driver is not
digitally signed. Be sure that you continue with installation anyway
and allow installation to finish.
12. Restart your computer.
13. Installation is now complete. Connect an imaging device to the USB Capture Box and run the USB Capture Box Application.